Occupational Therapist - Mandurah
Job no: 494072
Work type: Part time
Categories: Occupational Therapy
ABOUT AMANA LIVING
Amana Living is one of Western Australia's largest not-for-profit providers of aged and community care. We are proud of our reputation as a trusted, multi-award-winning provider, driven by a firm belief that the second half of life is for living. Among our many services are 13 residential care centres spread across Perth Metro, staffed by people who enjoy helping our residents to live an enriched and meaningful life.
Our approach is to focus on the individual, understanding that the people we serve have enjoyed long and rich lives, and that they each have their own unique needs and preferences.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are seeking applications from experienced Occupational Therapists to join our team at Wearne Home in Mandurah.
This is a permanent, part-time position and the successful candidate must be able to commit to 1 shift per week (7.6hr day). We are flexible on the day you choose but this must be a set day once selected for continuity.
As an Occupational Therapist, your duties and responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Provide assessments of residents cognitive and perceptual function in relation to their functional capacity
- Provide assessments of residents psychosocial and cultural wellbeing and how it impacts on their function
- Provide assessments of complex seating, positioning and pressure care in collaboration with Physiotherapists
- Assist with assessments and implementation of pain management programs
- Evaluates effectiveness of occupational therapy programs
- Manage a team of allied health direct care staff
- Liaises with Centre Manager, Coordinator and caring staff on matters pertinent to the occupational therapy program
- Maintains timely and accurate documentation including ACFI reporting
As an experienced Occupational Therapist, you will provide assessments of resident's cognitive and perceptual function in relation to their functional capacity, and record and disseminate information to all relevant treatment personnel.
Your excellent verbal, written and interpersonal skills will be critical to your success in this leadership role and you will be passionate about staff support, education and mentoring.
- Bachelor of Applied Science (Occupational Therapy) or equivalent with registration
- Minimum of 3+ years' post qualification experience, preferably within Aged Care or hospitals
- Experience supervising and leading a team of therapy assistants/volunteers/students
- Experience working with residents living with dementia
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team
- Knowledge of the resident classification scale, accreditation and continuous improvement
- High level communication and consultation skills
- Well-developed computer skills
- Ability to provide a National Police Clearance certificate (less than 6 months old or a receipt at interview stage)
- Ability to successfully complete a physical assessment and reference checking
WHAT'S ON OFFER?
Working for Amana Living not only offers you a fulfilling career, we also offer industry leading pay rates a range of other benefits;
- The ability to salary package
- Discounted private health insurance
- Access to our wellness program
If you would like to be considered, please apply now and ensure your resume is included in your application. If you have any queries please contact the Amana Living Recruitment Team on 9424 6822.
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Application close: W. Australia Standard Time