Accounts Payable Team Leader
Job no: 494199
Work type: Full time
Location: Perth CBD, Inner & Western Suburbs
Amana Living is one of the largest Aged Care providers in Western Australia and is a dynamic, people focused organisation, dedicated to delivering exceptional care and services. We offer a broad range of services, including residential care facilities, transition care programs, retirement living villages, home care, day care, respite, and dementia specific services.
The position of Accounts Payable Team leader is responsible managing and leading the Accounts payable function, ensuring accurate and efficient processing of a high volume of vendor invoices, payments, reconciliations and staff expense claims.
About the role
The key responsibilities will include:
- responsible for ensuring the accurate and efficient processing of a high volume of vendor invoices, ensuring that only valid and properly approved invoices are processed for payment
- review weekly payment runs for accuracy and completeness
- manage the reconciliation of incoming supplier statements
- address all external vendor and internal payment queries in a professional manner and on a timely basis
- responsible for the setup, maintenance and processing of corporate credit cards and staff expense claims on the Expense Management System (EMS)
- preparation of Accounts payable and Goods received not invoiced (GRNI) balance sheet reconciliations, ensuring appropriate follow up of long overdue amounts
- establish regular meetings with relevant business unit owners to discuss overdue and outstanding invoices to keep overdue invoices to a minimum
- maintain proper records and filing in compliance with the various statutory, auditing, taxation and other policy requirements
- other ad-hoc duties as requested including continuous improvement
Who we are looking for
The successful candidate will have highly developed interpersonal skills with the ability to work in a high volume environment whilst leading a team.
- Previous experience in a similar Accounts Payable role
- Experience using an ERP finance system, previous experience using Epicor or Advanced requisition management (ARM) is highly desirable
- Attention to detail and problem solving skills
- Proven organisational and time management skills
- Well-developed verbal, written communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate in a professional, courteous manner
- Excellent customer service and complaint resolution skills
- Competent in Microsoft Office suite of programs
- Ability to work in a team as well as autonomously
- Ability to contribute to ongoing process improvement
- A valid Police Clearance (no older than 6 months)
What's on offer:
Working for Amana Living not only offers you a fulfilling career and positive work environment, we also offer a range of benefits including competitive salaries with the ability to salary package (Up to $15,900)
How to apply
Applications should be submitted prior to Friday 29th January
We reserve the right to commence the screening and interview process prior to this date.
Our recruitment process will include a pre-employment psychometric questionnaire and may include a pre-recorded video interview.
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Application close: W. Australia Standard Time