Operations Manager (Retirement Living)
Job no: 494212
Work type: Full time
Location: Various locations
Categories: Various categories
Amana Living is one of the largest Aged Care providers in Western Australia and is a dynamic, people focused organisation, dedicated to delivering exceptional care and services. We offer a broad range of services, including residential care facilities, transition care programs, retirement living villages, home care, day care, respite, and dementia specific services.
Reporting to the General Manager for Your Home, the Operations Manager for our Villages is a key leadership position responsible for all aspects of the sales and operations of the Retirement Living portfolio. Amana Living currently operate 17 villages across the Perth metropolitan area and key regional centres providing accommodation and lifestyle to more than 800 residents. Through effective and influential leadership, relationship building and communication, the Operations Manager will:
- Maximise the sales outcomes across the portfolio;
- Drive excellence and innovation in customer service, ensuring the needs and expectations of residents are met or exceeded.
- Ensure that all aspects of operations including financial, asset and regulatory management are conducted to a high standard.
- Drive an outstanding workplace culture, aligned with Amana Living’s core values and 3Rs culture.
About the Role
Key Responsibilities include:
- Provides management and leadership to the team
- Builds strong relationships with appropriate internal and external stakeholders
- Works in collaboration with the Marketing and Commercial team to ensure new the advertising & promotional strategies are effective and efficient
- Creates a high performance sales culture within the team aligned to the over 55’s market segment.
- Monitors sales and customer satisfaction data and responds to identified opportunities and appropriately resolves escalated customer complaints
- Ensures effective planning, prioritising and completion of all regulatory and compliance requirements consistent with the Retirement Villages Act.
- Drives the financial sustainability of the portfolio by effective stewardship, budgeting, monitoring and reporting.
- Provides clear direction through effective communication (written and verbal) across all aspects of the business
- Drives continuous improvement
- Works collaboratively and effectively as part of the Your Home Leadership team
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Significant senior leadership and management experience in a similar complex, service driven and highly regulated business
- Experience leading teams in sales and excellence in service delivery
- Demonstrated ability to positively influence culture to drive performance and achieve set outcomes
- Highly developed communication and influencing skills
- The ability to work within a fast paced and dynamic environment while maintaining effective leadership presence and ensuring all deadlines and priorities are met.
- Sound financial acumen with proven experience in holding accountability of substantial budgets and achieving successful outcomes
- Knowledge of the Retirement Village industry is welcome, but not essential
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications and Client Management databases
You will also need:
- National Police Clearance Certificate (no older than 6 months)
- ‘C’ Class Driver’s License
What's on offer:
Working for Amana Living not only offers you a fulfilling career and positive work environment, we also offer a range of benefits including competitive salaries with the ability to salary package (Up to $15,900)
A company vehicle is provided with this role.
How to apply
Applications including a resume and cover letter should be submitted by close of business on Friday the 29th of January 2021.
We reserve the right to commence the screening and interview process prior to this date.
Our recruitment process may include a pre-employment questionnaire and pre-recorded video interview.
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time